Friday, October 17, 2008

No longer a blog-virgin...



So this is my first time ever creating a blog. I'm still not sure I entirely understand the concept. Technology makes me feel old sometimes, I rarely even have to flush the toilet in a public restroom because everything on the planet is automated. I remember when portable CD players first hit the market... it was amazing!! no more tapes, and now you'd be hard pressed to find anything that hasn't been digitalized on a mass scale.
Since this is supposed to be a semi-promotional art blog I suppose the best thing would be to show some of my noteworthy artworks from before the days of the animation program.
For those of you who don't know me I took art throughout highschool and learned from a very talented teacher. I then took the Art Fundamentals ('Fundies') program at Sheridan college and moved to Oakville by the campus. Not satisfied with the program I dropped out and decided I wanted to get into Sheridan's animation program. My first portfolio submission wasn't good enough so I had to take a year off and work just to pay bills. On the second time around I was far more dedicated and talented and finally got accepted into the program.
Here are some of my selected works from my pre-animation days.








No comments: